Q3 Academy – Langley Phase 2
Client: Spellar Metcalfe
Contract Value: 800k
Completion Date: July 2019
Calumet Services Ltd was employed to carry out the design, installation and commissioning of new teaching wing. The building consists of new classrooms, science classrooms, workshop facilities, Music and Art classrooms & new toilet facilities etc. The entire mechanical design utilised BIM software to aid in class detection due to some reduced ceiling voids. The project consisted of the procurement, installation and commissioning of the following services.
- New standalone Air Handling Unit serving tempered fresh air to the building.
- Within the science & workshops we have installed Heat Recover Units interlinked with Gas Guard systems as per BB101.
- New heating distribution to all areas with new radiators controlled via pressure independent radiator valves.
- New domestic services including CAT 5 water for the science rooms.
- Gas services utilising Gas Guard systems for the science rooms.
- Above ground drainage systems.
- BMS systems.
- Full sprinkler coverage.
- Fully commissioned and chlorination.